Century Electronic Security Blog
- Never leave candles unattended and ensure they are blown out properly.
- Always use a purpose made candle holder, away from walls, furniture and material.
- Ensure all lighters and matches are stored away from children and heat sources.
- Ensure all cigarettes are out and properly disposed of.
- Use large, deep ashtrays on sturdy surfaces.
- Dont smoke in bed.
- Never overload plug sockets or extension cables.
- Regularly check Electrical Goods and wires for any damage and wear.
- Do not run cords where they could be stood on, eg under carpets and rugs.
- Do not handle Electrical Goods with wet hands and ensure there are no fluids nearby.
In the Kitchen
- Never leave the kitchen when grilling, frying or boiling food.
- Ensure that the stove is kept well clear of any items which could set alight.
- Keep loose clothing away from heating appliances.
- Clean ovens, hobs, grills and toasters regularly to prevent build up of food and grease.
- Keep long hair tied back when cooking.
- Switch off and unplug all Electrical Appliances.
- Ensure all candles and cigarettes are extinguished.
- Check that the cooker, hob and heaters are all turned off.
- Shut every door in the house, as this helps to prevent a fire from spreading.
- Make a fire escape plan for your family.
- Pick a safe meeting point outside.
- Know how to 'Stop, Drop & Roll'.
- Learn how to use a fire extinguisher.
- Never hesitate to call the Fire Brigade in the event of a fire.
- Install a smoke alarm on every level of your home.
- Test them frequently.
- Replace the batteries twice a year.
- Never take the batteries out.
Wired Alarm Systems
- Less maintenance is required
- Allows a greater distance between devices
- Tends to be a lot cheaper
- Receives no interference from other electrical devices
- If at any time the wiring is cut, the alarm will sound immediatly
- Installation takes a lot more effort
- Difficult to move system to a new property if needed
- Can be difficult to hide cables
- Longer installation time is required
- Could possible mean taking up floorboards, pulling off sideboards and drilling into walls.
Wireless Alarm Systems
- Installation requires less effort
- Adding extra features such as sensors is very simple
- Easy to move to a new propety if needed
- Installation time is a lot quicker
- No cables, no mess
- More maintenance is required for batteries etc..
- Some limitations in terms of distance between devices
- Can be relatively expensive
- Can not achieve a Security Grading above the standard Grade 2
- Can be disabled easier than a wired system
While a Wired Alarm System is considered to be the most reliable of the two types of Systems, it can be difficult to choose what is best for your individual requirements. Both types of Systems can be enhanced with a variety of options such as, cameras and extra sensors. Monitoring is also available for both types. At Century Electronic Security Ltd, we can advise and guide you to choose the correct system for your home.
Contact us today on 0800 0526070 to arrange a FREE site survey and quotation.
Are you left confused or unhappy after your security system has been serviced?
Do you feel you are not getting your monies worth?
Are you paying far too much?
Do you want faster engineer response?
Century CAN Help!
At Century Electronic Security Ltd we can takeover the maintenance and monitoring on any Fire & Security System which has been installed or maintained by any other Security Company. We understand that you have your own requirements and relevant regulations. We can design and implement a service & maintenance package in accordance with these.