Showing posts tagged with: Intruder Alarm Systems
Posted by: Century on July 15th, 2014 @ 3:11 PM
Tagged with: Access Control Access Control Intercom CCTV System Fire Alarm Fire Alarm System Intruder Alarm Systems maintenance monitoring system takeovers
Are you left confused or unhappy after your security system has been serviced?
Do you feel you are not getting your monies worth?
Are you paying too much?
Do you want a faster engineer response?
At Century Electronic Security Ltd, we can take-over the maintenance and monitoring of any Fire & Security System which has been installed or maintained by any other Security Company.
We understand that you have your own requirements and relevant regulations and we can design and implement a service and maintenance package in accordance to these.
Why should you switch to us
At Century Electronic Security we regularly receive calls from customers who ask us if we will take over their existing Security System. Here are a few reasons why people decide to transfer their system maintenance over to us;
- Their existing company or installer is impossible to get ahold of when needed
- They have received a poor level of service from their existing installer
- The current installer or company cannot repair a fault or solve a problem correctly or efficiently
- They have just moved into a new property, but don't have any details of the system
- The existing company or installer has gone out of business
- They are after a professional, well trained company
The systems we take-over
Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV Systems, Access Control, Intercoms, Automatic Gates and Parking Barriers
How do you start the take-over process?
Simply give Century Electronic Security a call or contact us online to enquire about taking over your already existing alarm system.
We will then provide you with a free, no obligation review of your system and a quotation to fix any present faults and take over the service, maintenance and monitoring.
Should you require any new equipment, we are here to advise on the best solution to ensure your home or business is fully covered.
Posted by: Century on March 20th, 2014 @ 10:53 AM
Tagged with: Burglar Alarm Burglary Intruder Alarm Intruder Alarm Systems maintenance Safety Security security system system takeovers Wired Wired Alarm Systems Wireless Wireless Alarm Systems
False alarms are a problem for everyone. They can be a nuisance to not only yourself, but to your neighbours especially! It is an ongoing effort to reduce the number of false alarms our customers and non-customers experience. Here are a few simple tips on how to eliminate false alarms.
- Have your Intruder Alarm System installed by a qualified and reputable Electronic Security Company.
- Ensure that you have your system maintained and serviced once a year by a professional company, as this will help prevent potential faults from occurring and ensures that all parts are in good working order.
- Regularly inspect all detectors for signs of dust, spiders, webs, moisture or anything else that could trigger the alarm when armed.
- Ensure you are provided with an Intruder Alarm System Manual.
- Make sure that any panic buttons are not easily accessible to children and/or pets.
- If you have a Wireless System, ensure that all batteries are changed regularly.
- Do not leave balloons or other moveable items in a room that has a motion detector
- Eliminate any rodents or other pests/insects (as these are the most common causes of false activations on alarms)
- Ensure that everyone using the system has been trained to do so and knows all of the codes needed
- Upgrade aging or outdated equipment as older systems are far more prone to false alarms.
- In the event of a false alarm activation, investigate what the cause was and take the necessary steps to ensure that it doesn't occur again.
- Regularly test your Intruder Alarm System to make sure that it is functioning correctly.
Talk to us today about Intruder Alarm Systems
If you require any more information about maintenance and service packages for your system, please do not hesitate to contact us on our freephone 0800 052 6070.
Posted by: Century on March 6th, 2014 @ 4:22 PM
Tagged with: Break-in Burglar Alarm Burglary Intruder Alarm Intruder Alarm Systems monitoring Safety Security security system system takeovers Wired Wired Alarm Systems Wireless Wireless Alarm Systems
Choosing a security system for your home is something that can take a bit of consideration and time. It is very important that you research into your potential security system as much as you can to ensure that you have selected the system that best fits your needs. The main aspect that you will consider when is whether you need or prefer a Wireless or Wired Alarm System.
Century Electronic Security has provided below a list of the significant differences in the installation of both types and a few "Pros and Cons" for each that you should consider...
Wired Alarm System
This type of system generally involves the use of sensors that can be installed onto windows and doors in your home. They are wired to the main panel of your security system panel and can be hidden under floorboards, skirting boards and carpets.
- Less maintenance is required
- They allow a greater distance between each device
- They tend to be much cheaper
- Receives no interference from other electrical devices
- If at any time the wiring is cut, the alarm will sound immediately
- Installation takes a lot of effort
- It can be difficult to hide the cables
- Installation can also take up a lot of time
- Could possibly mean taking up floorboards, pulling off side boards and drilling into walls
Wireless Alarm System
These systems work in a similar way, as sensors are place on windows and doors too, but instead of linking these sensors via wiring that is hidden away; the sensors transmit information to the main panel by using a wireless technology.
- Installation requires much less effort
- Adding extra features such as sensors is very simple
- They are easy to move about (if you are to move house)
- Installation time is a lot quicker
- No cables and no mess
- More maintenance is required for batteries and other products
- There are limitations in terms of distance
- They can be relatively more expensive than a wired alarm
- They cannot achieve a security grading above the standard grade 2
- They can be disabled easier than a wired system
While a Wired Alarm System is considered to be the more reliable of the two, it can be difficult to choose what is best for your individual requirements. Both types of systems can be enhanced with a variety of options such as cameras, extra sensors, intercom systems and even monitoring. We can advise and guide you to choose the correct system for your home.
Talk to us today
Don't hesitate, contact us today on 0800 052 6070 and see exactly how we can help you.
Posted by: Century on February 24th, 2014 @ 10:24 AM
Tagged with: Break-in Burglar Alarm Burglary Intruder Alarm Intruder Alarm Systems maintenance Safety Security security system system takeovers
It can be extremely easy to look over the security of your home by missing out on having your annual maintenance service for your Intruder Alarm System. But in missing this, can you be sure that you will be aware of an important issue (that could potentially be costly) before it is too late?
If you are unfortunate enough to experience a break-in to your property while your existing security system is not intact (having not been serviced and maintained), your insurance provider may use that against any claims that you try to make to replace any lost possessions, as well as repair any break-in damage to your home (such as a smashed window for entry).
Imagine arriving home after a holiday, work or even after a quick trip to the shops and seeing your front door wide open, your belongings trashed and most of your valuables and possessions missing - with your alarm system completely unaware.
After something like this happens, it can be very difficult to feel safe in your own home (the place you should feel safest in the first place) as every sound, bang and clatter no matter how familiar is viewed as a threat.
How can Century help?
In order to avoid such scenarios, Century Electronic Security Ltd recommends investing in an Intruder Alarm System that is regularly serviced by your provider, as it is vital any system is kept in good working order. A regular maintenance visit from one of our qualified and experienced engineers will ensure that any Security System remains effective and prevents any potential faults from occurring.
We can take over the maintenance on any security system which has been installed or maintained by any other security company. We understand that you have your own requirements and we can design and implement a service and maintenance package in accordance to these.
Talk to us today about Intruder Alarm Systems
Whether you have an existing Intruder Alarm System installed or you require a new Intruder Alarm installation, we can help you select the best solution to secure your home or business.
Please do not hesitate to contact us today on 0800 052 6070 and see exactly how we can keep you, your family and your property protected.