Posted by: Century on March 20th, 2014 @ 10:53 AM
Tagged with: Burglar Alarm Burglary Intruder Alarm Intruder Alarm Systems maintenance Safety Security security system system takeovers Wired Wired Alarm Systems Wireless Wireless Alarm Systems
False alarms are a problem for everyone. They can be a nuisance to not only yourself, but to your neighbours especially! It is an ongoing effort to reduce the number of false alarms our customers and non-customers experience. Here are a few simple tips on how to eliminate false alarms.
- Have your Intruder Alarm System installed by a qualified and reputable Electronic Security Company.
- Ensure that you have your system maintained and serviced once a year by a professional company, as this will help prevent potential faults from occurring and ensures that all parts are in good working order.
- Regularly inspect all detectors for signs of dust, spiders, webs, moisture or anything else that could trigger the alarm when armed.
- Ensure you are provided with an Intruder Alarm System Manual.
- Make sure that any panic buttons are not easily accessible to children and/or pets.
- If you have a Wireless System, ensure that all batteries are changed regularly.
- Do not leave balloons or other moveable items in a room that has a motion detector
- Eliminate any rodents or other pests/insects (as these are the most common causes of false activations on alarms)
- Ensure that everyone using the system has been trained to do so and knows all of the codes needed
- Upgrade aging or outdated equipment as older systems are far more prone to false alarms.
- In the event of a false alarm activation, investigate what the cause was and take the necessary steps to ensure that it doesn't occur again.
- Regularly test your Intruder Alarm System to make sure that it is functioning correctly.
Talk to us today about Intruder Alarm Systems
If you require any more information about maintenance and service packages for your system, please do not hesitate to contact us on our freephone 0800 052 6070.
There are currently no comments for this post, use the form below to be the first!.
Leave a Comment
Your personal details will not be passed on to third parties.