- Never leave candles unattended and ensure they are blown out properly.
- Always use a purpose made candle holder, away from walls, furniture and material.
- Ensure all lighters and matches are stored away from children and heat sources.
- Ensure all cigarettes are out and properly disposed of.
- Use large, deep ashtrays on sturdy surfaces.
- Dont smoke in bed.
- Never overload plug sockets or extension cables.
- Regularly check Electrical Goods and wires for any damage and wear.
- Do not run cords where they could be stood on, eg under carpets and rugs.
- Do not handle Electrical Goods with wet hands and ensure there are no fluids nearby.
In the Kitchen
- Never leave the kitchen when grilling, frying or boiling food.
- Ensure that the stove is kept well clear of any items which could set alight.
- Keep loose clothing away from heating appliances.
- Clean ovens, hobs, grills and toasters regularly to prevent build up of food and grease.
- Keep long hair tied back when cooking.
- Switch off and unplug all Electrical Appliances.
- Ensure all candles and cigarettes are extinguished.
- Check that the cooker, hob and heaters are all turned off.
- Shut every door in the house, as this helps to prevent a fire from spreading.
- Make a fire escape plan for your family.
- Pick a safe meeting point outside.
- Know how to 'Stop, Drop & Roll'.
- Learn how to use a fire extinguisher.
- Never hesitate to call the Fire Brigade in the event of a fire.
- Install a smoke alarm on every level of your home.
- Test them frequently.
- Replace the batteries twice a year.
- Never take the batteries out.
There are currently no comments for this post, use the form below to be the first!.
Leave a Comment
Your personal details will not be passed on to third parties.