Wired Alarm Systems
- Less maintenance is required
- Allows a greater distance between devices
- Tends to be a lot cheaper
- Receives no interference from other electrical devices
- If at any time the wiring is cut, the alarm will sound immediatly
- Installation takes a lot more effort
- Difficult to move system to a new property if needed
- Can be difficult to hide cables
- Longer installation time is required
- Could possible mean taking up floorboards, pulling off sideboards and drilling into walls.
Wireless Alarm Systems
- Installation requires less effort
- Adding extra features such as sensors is very simple
- Easy to move to a new propety if needed
- Installation time is a lot quicker
- No cables, no mess
- More maintenance is required for batteries etc..
- Some limitations in terms of distance between devices
- Can be relatively expensive
- Can not achieve a Security Grading above the standard Grade 2
- Can be disabled easier than a wired system
While a Wired Alarm System is considered to be the most reliable of the two types of Systems, it can be difficult to choose what is best for your individual requirements. Both types of Systems can be enhanced with a variety of options such as, cameras and extra sensors. Monitoring is also available for both types. At Century Electronic Security Ltd, we can advise and guide you to choose the correct system for your home.
Contact us today on 0800 0526070 to arrange a FREE site survey and quotation.
There are currently no comments for this post, use the form below to be the first!.
Leave a Comment
Your personal details will not be passed on to third parties.